Recruiter: Private Members Estate
Location: Ottershaw, Surrey
Salary: £ 38,000
Sector: Maintenance, Gardening, Landscaping
Function: Gardening Jobs
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 27th November 2020
We are renowned private members’ club located near the town of Ottershaw, Surrey, 5 minutes from J11 of the M25, 25 miles to the west of London in glorious surroundings.
We seek a Head Gardener to maintain and develop the existing gardens. The existing postholder would like to provide a comprehensive handover so a speedy and full application is essential.
The gardens are part of a wider 200-acre estate maintained by a large greenkeeping/grounds team. The successful applicant will work in harmony with both the clubhouse and grounds staff, as part of a close knit and supportive team.
You will be required to manage and develop a team of two part-time gardeners, take ownership of the various garden areas by the house and further afield, and manage the growing and harvesting of produce for the onsite restaurant. This position would suit a knowledgeable gardener with at least 10 years private estate experience, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail, delivering first class standards at all times.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, self-motivated and physically fit gardener.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of managing projects and budgets
- Practical hands-on experience in the maintenance of large gardens: lawn care, hedge trimming, border development and maintenance, management of fruit, vegetable and cut flower production
- Experience of maintaining hard landscaping and outdoor furniture
- Interest in and experience of using the typical range of garden machinery and ideally certification in using heavy duty machinery such as diggers, JCB’s, excavators, etc.
- Spraying certificate PA1 and PA6
- An RHS level 2, good plant identification skills and knowledge and be able to deliver seasonal garden management
- A 40-hour week including meal breaks. Weekend work and some seasonal variation in start time required
- Adherence to company budgets
- Knowledge of pest and disease control
- Strong H&S knowledge, controls and adherence to company policies
- A full, clean driving license or means of transport as we cannot be reached easily via public transport
Why you would want to join the team:
- Excellent salary and benefits, including BUPA healthcare and pension contribution
- A lovely welcoming team to be part of
- Free lunch provided
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Golfing privileges as appropriate
- Opportunity to use creative skills to continue the ongoing development of the gardens
- Opportunity to use large plant machinery not usually available to the typical gardener
Operating year-round with the exception of a 3-week winter break over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Our busiest and most important months are April through October.
If you feel qualified for the position and have a work ethic and passion to match ours, please send your CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org