Fantastic opportunity to work for one of London's oldest landscaping companies. The role will entail supervising teams of garden maintenance staff setting daily tasks and objectives, ensuring that the quality of work of the highest calibre and providing practical support where required.
Our client has experience of a wide range of gardens and outdoor spaces, including courtyards, rooftop terraces, town house gardens, front gardens, eco builds, basements, container gardens, outdoor kitchens and country estates. They fully understand the complexities and opportunities of working in outdoor spaces with difficult access and limited space. This client is now looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in London.
- Organisational skills
- Experienced in planning and rolling out all aspects of H&S
- Experience in managing teams of staff ensuring the work flow is managed correctly keeping customer service and high end delivery in mind at all times
- Vast garden maintenance experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent record keeping and planning skills
- Driving License essential
• Development of new customer “small works” business • Maintaining current high standards of garden maintenance in Surrey and London • Maintenance of existing customer networks • Supervising staff on site • Quoting for small works • Mentoring and development of the small works and maintenance teams • Revenue/margin contribution Main Tasks • Conversion of new customer “small works” leads into profitable “small works” contracts • Estimation of new work as either allocated or generated by customer network • Provision of written quotations in Company format with eloquence and persuasion • Actively searching for new customer opportunities • Initial and follow up site meetings with clients • Regular reviews with customer to ensure that their experience exceeds expectations • Writing method statements and H&S plans (via CDM wizard app for small works) • Site inductions of staff • Organisation of staff and resources for contracts on daily basis or as required • Monitoring contract progress for quality control, technical support and financial deviation including regular site visits • Interpreting and communicating to site staff BOQ/spec and drawings • Ensuring that Health and Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times • Invoicing all works in a timely fashion and ensuring debts are closed out promptly • Providing regular reporting to Contracts Manager on contract performance • Support managers in all areas to aid the development and profitability of the department. • Understand and work to agreed company procedures
Key Delivery Of:
• Exceptional customer experience and development of strong, profitable long term relationships with both customers and clients • Profitable and effective management of contracts for which responsible, ensuring that tendered margins are delivered • Procurement of resources required to deliver contracts as committed including authorised sub-contractors, materials and plant. Successful tendering of contract opportunities whilst ensuring Company margin expectations are being delivered • Achievement of agreed revenue and margin goals • Overall quality and style of the companies small works output and productivity of the garden maintenance teams • Meeting Company customer Service Level Targets • Championing and representation of Company philosophies and values in relation to all stakeholders – customers, clients, suppliers and employees • Effective deployment of all Company Health and Safety procedures • Effective communication of any and all significant issues to Senior Contracts as and when they may arise