Our client offers a wide range of ecology services for both commercial and residential customers. They currently seek a ticketed climber to join their team.
As an arborist, you'll cultivate and manage trees, hedgerows and shrubs. Duties includes all aspects of felling, preserving, planting and protecting trees, you will be required to use heavy equipment for certain tasks and must be experienced. You will also need a full driving license.
Our client is centrally located and operates throughout London.
- identify, inspect, maintain, prune, plant and move trees
- identify and remove hazards created by trees
- assess trees for potential risks
- use and maintain abseiling equipment to climb trees
- operate EWPs (elevated work platforms), chippers, chainsaws and trucks
- give advice on trees suitable for planting or removal, and tree care
- give advice on treatments for pests and diseases
- plan and carry out pest and disease management.
Skills and knowledge:
- plant and soil biology, tree species identification and pest and disease control
- tree planting, pruning and landscaping techniques
- tree climbing and tree removal techniques
- operating chainsaws, rigging and climbing equipment, EWPs and chippers
- safe work practices and first aid.