We are looking for a full time Head Gardener who will manage and maintain the beautiful gardens at Burford House.
A pivotal position as part of a new era of development, you will be a qualified and experienced gardener, confident, sociable and happy to conduct talks, demos and tours.
The successful candidate should have excellent plant knowledge and expertise.
This is a great opportunity for a professional gardener to make their mark on the beautiful gardens at Burford House
designed originally by the legendary John Treasure the founder of the modern clematis. The gardens are open to the
public all year round with 4 acres of formal gardens and an additional 4 acres of lawns.
You will be required to work alternate weekends with one day off in the week. Also occasional evenings will be
required for talks/demos.
- Plan and schedule seasonal maintenance to include lawn areas, shrubs, borders, planters, hedges, trees and weed control.
- Submission of lists of requirements to include tree and shrub replacement, seasonal bedding plants and
- other horticultural materials as required.
- Supervise and direct external contractors in relation to tree care/maintenance throughout the grounds.
- Enthusiastic to lead the Burford House Garden Angels, a dedicated group of volunteers helping to restore the gardens.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include a pension, up to 28 days holiday (FT) and staff discounts across all
of our brands including the Woodthorpe Leisure Park. If you would like to join our family run business and bring
your ideas and talents to our fast growing company and forward thinking team we want to hear from you.
Salary is dependent on experience and accommodation could be made available.
Please send your CV by clicking the apply button
Applications close – Tuesday 1st December 2020