Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. At Daylesford we farm organically, responsibly, and with a conscience. We hold ourselves accountable for our ethical and environmental standards. We grow over 300 varieties of seasonal organic fruit, vegetables, salad leaves, flowers & plants in our 28 acre Market Garden at Daylesford, including many unusual and heritage varieties. With our new 1000m² Garden & Plant area we are looking to expand our range grown on site, sourced from across our Estates and where possible, from local British growers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Plant and Flower Manager to join us at Daylesford.
Full Time contract, based on 40 hours per week. Salary would be between £27,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience. Please note that flexibility and weekend working would be required in this role.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Free organic tea, coffee, artisan bread and fresh fruit on shift
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As Plant and Flower Manager you will be responsible for owning and delivering our range of seasonal, sustainable & home-grown flowers & plants. Using your existing horticultural and nursery business knowledge, you will be launching this range in our new plant & garden room opening March 2021 and managing all retail plants & flowers on an ongoing basis.
- Source only the best seasonal product from our Farm, Estate or British suppliers where possible
- Work alongside our growers and suppliers, to deliver a unique range of flowers & plants
- To provide knowledgeable customer advice across the business, to both our customers and Garden retail team
- Play an active floor role to ensure full & bountiful displays through careful ordering and planning
- Deliver against budgeted Plant & Flower sales and waste targets across retail and online
- Extensive experience within the nursery & garden retail sectors is required
- A formal qualification in horticulture would be advantageous
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today.