The Missenden Walled Garden charity supports around 40 adults with learning disabilities and mental health issues based in Great Missenden. We aim to enrich the lives of our members through work, education, community engagement and social inclusion. Our focus is on horticulture but can encompass other activities including art, crafts, music and leisure activities.
We are a new and growing charity and we are looking for an operations manager to work with our dedicated and skilled team of staff.
Role: Operations Manager
Reports to: Charity Director
Purpose: The purpose of the Operations Manager role is to ensure the successful delivery of our care service to adults with disabilities in line with the charity’s objects. The role also covers the delivery of the grounds maintenance contract for Missenden Abbey and other external horticultural contracts. This is a full-time role which involves managing the day-to-day operations of the charity.
The post holder will be responsible for:
Managing the delivery of care services to our Members. This includes
- managing the care experience with prospective, new and existing Members and their associated responsible carers
- activity planning for on and offsite activities;
- ensuring resources are in place to run activities and provide care;
- securing bank staff support when required;
- recruiting, training and managing volunteers;
- assigning staff, volunteers and bank staff to: supervise member activities, carry out horticultural work and implement projects.
Managing the facilities at Missenden Walled Garden including the safe running and maintenance of the site, buildings, equipment, garden tools and vehicle.
Managing the delivery of horticultural contracts
Managing the delivery of projects, including the development of site facilities.
Supporting the Charity Director in developing the quality of the care environment and in providing a class-leading care service.
Ensuring the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy including risk assessments, developing safe practices and reporting.
Skills and Experience
The role requires someone with operations experience in a small business, charity or care setting.
- Friendly and approachable with an empathy for the needs of adults with disabilities
- A passion for and experience in horticulture as this drives our seasonal activity plan across the 10 acre site
- Skilled in effective planning and in management of people, facilities and resources.
- Skilled in effective planning, people and resource management.
- Flexibility to meet the changing priorities and manage issues in a considered way.
- Experience working within social care, ideally within the field of learning disability
- Knowledge and skills in Social Therapeutic Horticulture.
- Practical skills, along with experience of facilities management.
This is a permanent full-time role with a salary of £27,500, negotiable.
Benefits include 25 days leave and a stakeholder pension.
Information and Applications
Further information about the work of the charity can be found at https://missendenwalledgarden.org/
Applications should be made by email or post by sending a letter and CV to Kyle Banks, Charity Director, Missenden Walled Garden.
Postal Address: Missenden Walled Garden, Missenden Abbey, Great Missenden, Bucks. HP16 0BD
The deadline for applications is Friday 6th November 2020.