We are working on an exciting opportunity to join a large fresh produce business in Cornwall as they seek a Crop Walker to join their organic farming team. The farm itself is over 5,000 acres and grows a mixture of organic and conventional vegetable crops that it proudly supplies to its customers directly. The role:
- As Crop Walker, you will be responsible for:
- Walking the crops daily, checking for pest, disease and any other problems.
- Writing a weekly report on crops.
- Give advice on mechanical and hand weeding requirements.
- Planning the workload for harvest.
- Monitoring irrigation and supervising slug pellet applications.
- Monitor the progress of any new crop variety trials.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate agriculturalist who has a keen interest in agronomy. We are looking for candidates who:
- Have high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Can easily adapt to change and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment.
- Have a degree in Agriculture/Horticulture
- Knowledge of Growing Crops
If this sounds like the job for you then please apply via the link or contact Edina Bremner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01780 480 530