At Grosvenor we understand that first impressions count and we know that our green spaces, garden squares and horticultural displays can help transform our estate, properties, attract new residents and keep existing ones. We aspire to have a reputation for overseeing one of the best kept areas of London and this is where you can help.
We have a vacancy in our team for a green fingered, self-motivated person with creative flair to join our friendly professional landscape team predominately looking after our award winning gardens across Belgravia and Mayfair. The team is based near Victoria train station in London. The core duties will be continuing to keep our gardens to a high standard in general maintenance gardening duties assisting your line manager in additional duties and the supervision of apprentices. The role within your team will also involve the designing, planting and maintenance of bedding schemes, troughs and planters of all types and sizes.
Successful applicants will be familiar with plants and have proven horticulture skills. In addition for an eye for design and detail, applicants will need to be an ambassador for Grosvenor, liaising with customers, suppliers and the in house landscape team.
- To maintain and develop high standards of horticulture and grounds maintenance on the London Estate.
- Maintain colourful planters and help create biodiversity across the estate.
- Respond to requests from other departments and residents.
- Ensure working methods maximise efficiency in both labour and resources.
- Provide the company with attractive landscape features which will assist the sale, lease and let of residential and commercial premises.
- You’ll love working outdoors and understand that our open spaces are as significant as our properties.
- Ability to be self motivated, be able to work autonomously and within a team of gardeners in amenity maintenance and provide a landscaped environment appropriate for purpose in your area at Grosvenor.
As well as practical landscape/horticulture experience, you’ll have an NVQ2 in Amenity Horticulture (or equivalent) and working towards an NVQ3 coupled with a good knowledge of plants. PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates and full UK driving licence are desirable.
The role is generally a 37.5 hour week Monday - Friday although you may be required to work the occasional weekend.
At Grosvenor, we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values – expertise, integrity, loyalty and long term vision – and have the skills and ambition to help us implement our strategy.