Our client is a family owned and day-to-day run business with over 29 years of gardening experience based in Surrey. Today, they are a thriving Independent Garden Centre and are continuously growing. The centre has a huge selection of plants to suit every garden and project, supplying Gold Medal-winning gardens at all the major horticultural shows. They have suppliers across Europe and the UK, always being conscious of their bio-security responsibilities. Customer service is equally important to our client, having an experienced horticulture team, great care is taken to ensure that all plants are well maintained and looking their best. They are now looking for an Assistant Manager to work closely with the Manager to assist with all daily duties.
The Assistant Manager duties will include the following:
- Supervising the centre’s team
- Deputising in the absence of the Manager
- Monitoring both display and back up stock
- Merchandising effectively to present and display stock to maximise sales opportunities
- To ensure all products are maintained to a high level
- To ensure all products are accurately and clearly priced
- To adhere to high housekeeping, security and safety standards
- Keyholder and duty manager responsibilities on a rota
This position requires a good horticultural knowledge and a good understanding of the working of garden centre retailing. The appointed person will have a flexible and adaptable approach to adopt a helpful and caring attitude in all dealings, to be thoroughly consistent in implementing guidelines to quality customer service and to ultimately maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
If this Assistant Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Ruth Bolam on 01233 732767 or email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Assistant Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Assistant Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful