Employer: Rudding Park
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £24,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week. 5 days over 7 (including seasonal variation of hours and weekend work)
Closing Date: 04/11/2020
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Gardener to support the Head Gardener of Rudding Park Hotel and Holiday Park in the day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and Holiday Park gardens.
The gardens surrounding the hotel have been recently planted to designs by Matthew Wilson featuring some beautiful displays of herbaceous plants that set off the hotel beautifully this includes a modern, stylish roof top spa garden. Rudding Park also benefits from an extensive collection of mature Rhododendrons and Azalea woodlands that would now benefit from some care and attention.
This role would suit someone with a keen eye for detail and who has an interest in either herbaceous plants, Rhododendrons and Azaleas or both and would like to help to further develop and improve the gardens around the hotel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of the beds, borders and woodland areas around the hotel and holiday park.
- Working with hand held machinery such as lawn mowers, strimmers, blowers, and hedge cutters.
- Assisting with new garden and landscape projects around the hotel and holiday park.
- Assisting the Kitchen Gardener in the Walled Kitchen Garden, carrying out tasks such as cropping, propagation, and glasshouse work.
- Assisting in carrying out guest tours of the Kitchen Garden.
- To ensure a safe working environment in line with Health and Safety and to ensure COSHH regulations are followed when using dangerous or hazardous chemicals.
- Supporting other teams in relevant tasks and carrying out any other reasonable maintenance requests on the remainder of the estate as requested (including working at a height when necessary).
- Ensuring that the estate grounds are kept to the highest standard possible.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to work in a team and to be flexible.
- Possess good attention to detail.
- Willing to work outside in all weathers if required.
- Able to identify a range of plants and have good knowledge of their care and maintenance.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Horticulture or similar.
- PA1, PA6A Spraying qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar gardening role.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Tractor driving competency (desirable).
Employee benefits include:
- Tip scheme Company events Discounted or free food whilst on shift Employee discounts Free or subsidised travel when on shift On-site parking