You will be responsible for preserving and improving the parks and open spaces in the Royal Borough. Working in the North of the borough.
You will support and manage a team of approximately 12 staff in total. You role will be to manage and organise staff so that they are working productively and safely to ensure that the green spaces are managed to the best of our potential with the resources available.
To build close working relationships with all stakeholders, Friends Groups, Volunteering organisations and colleagues.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Line manager for the allocated staff. Delegated responsibility for the performance management and H&S of the staff. To arrange work schedules and working patterns, in consultation with the Contract Manager and their client to ensure best productivity and safe working. To ensure that the staff are working safely at all times and that all accidents and near misses are reported and measures put in place to mitigate against these. To proactively manage sickness, holiday and absences. To inspect and record all contractual work on a daily and weekly basis to ensure that the requirements of Idverde are being achieved. To check and submit all paperwork as required ensuring that it is accurate, on time and compliant with idverde compliance standards. To communicate effectively with other supervisors, line manager, our client, stakeholders etc. to promote the service we provide. Stock control, ensuring that there are adequate levels of stock – i.e. bin bags and toilet rolls. To carry out any other associated duties that may from time to time incidentally arise, develop or be assigned. To drive company vehicles in the course of your job, in strict accordance with the companies driver policy.
- Demonstrable experience gained managing staff there will approx. 12 staff reporting into this post
- Demonstrable experience gained within grounds maintenance environment at a supervisory level.
- In possession of technical proficiency certificates appropriate to the post. (requirement)
- Full current driving licence
- Level 2 Horticulture as a minimum.
- Excellent and proven communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and interface with a diverse range of people including Staff, Parks users, visitors, Friends of Groups and all other stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety at work policy and practice and the requirements of these.
- A proven ability to lead a team of staff towards agreed goals, to motivate and engage with them to improve performance at work.
- A proven ability to improve parks and open spaces in line with client requirements.
Highly accurate and well organised, able to manage and process large volumes of paperwork and work schedules. Demonstrable ability to improve team working in order to drive up standards. Able to plan ahead and ensure the specification and work schedules are met.
Someone who is passionate about public parks and gardens and wants to work to improve these.