Nursery Supervisor/Grower | Kent
We are currently working with a well-established hardy stock nursery as they look for a Nursery Supervisor/Grower to join their friendly team. Established over 40 years ago, this nursery has grown from strength to strength and now covers over 400 acres and has a packhouse and cold store on site. The majority of plants are grown outdoors however some are under protection.
As a Grower, you would play a key role in supporting the nursery in producing a wide range of hardy and bare root plants. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring for pests & diseases and spraying.
- Daily crop walking.
- Supervising a small team and motivating your staff.
- General plant husbandry duties.
- You may also be required to support the nursery in the lifting and grading of plants.
We would love to hear from candidates who are enthusiastic, passionate and hardworking. You will also need the following experience to be successful in this role:
- You will have experience of working in a large commercial nursery environment.
- You will have your PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates and ideally hold a qualification in horticulture.
- You will have excellent plant knowledge and ideally have experience of growing hardy stock.
- You will be a hands-on team player who understands the pressures of commercial horticulture.
Does this sound like the perfect Nursery Supervisor/Grower role for you? If so, please apply via the link or contact Edina Bremner via email@example.com or 01780 480 530 for a confidential conversation.
Apply for Nursery Supervisor/Grower | Kent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly