Our beautiful 60-acre estate, adjacent to Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire, offers a stunning environment to work in. We offer fantastic opportunities for horticulture professionals to enjoy a fulfilling career with us and develop their skills.
Description and dimensions of role:
As a member of the horticultural team you will be responsible, alongside other gardeners and under the direction of the Estate Supervisor, for the day to day maintenance of the garden and wider landscapes of the estate.
You will assist in the ongoing development of the garden maintenance plans and be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to working as a member of the team. While the work is predominantly horticulturally focused you may be required to undertake other tasks.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Estate Supervisor in relation to all works carried out
- Maintain a high standard of horticulture through the application of specialist horticultural skills in order to sustain and develop a world-class garden
- Carry out seasonal gardening duties across the site with a particular focus on landscape maintenance
- Undertake horticultural tasks including hard landscape maintenance, grass cutting, edging, pruning, dead heading, training, weeding, planting, hedge cutting, composting, staking, applying pesticides along with any other tasks required.
- Comply with all current Health and Safety legislation
- Undertake work related to development projects in the garden and wider landscape
- Communicate health and safety issues to the Estate Supervisor and take responsibility for stopping work and the work of others if you believe any acts to be dangerous or negligent to the person or those around, including but not limited to other staff, contractors and
- A broad knowledge of garden and landscape maintenance, ideally gleaned on a private estate, historic or botanic garden setting
- Ability to work at speed while delivering consistently high-quality horticulture and finish/presentation
- A minimum of a level 2 horticultural qualification (NDH / RHS l3 / HNC)
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on gardening experience
- A PA1 and PA6a Pesticides Application qualification
- Demonstrable horticultural skills and the ability to work alone or with small teams
- Capacity to communicate clearly in both written and oral forms
- Broader experience of property and/or estate management would be desirable