Head of Gardens
5 days left
- Contract Type
Candide is a growing marketplace platform enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape town (South Africa) with over 50 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and collaborative leader to drive our Gardens Strategy, which is an integrated network of gardens and visitors that leads to more frequent, more enjoyable visits, on a technology platform that only requires both garden and visitor to have a standard smartphone in order to enjoy our full service offering. solutions include:
- providing gardens with a fully digital membership/ticketing solution;
- providing a strong online, and mobile presence via a Candide business listing;
- providing insights into visitors and their behaviour, as well as visitor predictions and live reporting;
- offering gardens support and consultation on marketing and event campaigns.
The role carries budgetary and team oversight over a cross functional team of product, engineers, marketers and support analysts, to ensure the strategic success of this division. Our ideal candidate has a successful track record in a role that has taken a market on an offline to online journey, who is able to build a solution for scale but also incubates referrals by delighting its early customers. Marrying the long-term win with short-term customer demands to balance the team’s priorities and customer’s expectations is a key feature of the position.
- Support Candide’s CEO by leading the division;
- Ensuring team and customer engagement, and effective communication to stakeholders and teams;
- Establishing and expanding a clear strategy for the Visitor Solutions business, aligning market demand with the evolving solution;
- Defining and achieving budgets and growth goals;
- Building clear metrics and tracking performance to goals, adapting approach where necessary to improve market and product performance;
- Representing Candide at industry and regional bodies, to raise our profile and increase adoption of our service;
- Lead and grow a cross functional, agile team of 18 people.
- Successful attainment of business targets and budgets;
- Increased market share, expanded solutions, and positive net promoter scores among our customers and across the market;
- Level of engagement and transaction volume by our customers in the Candide platform;
- Proactive responsiveness to analytics signals among our customers, for example their visitor volumes rising or falling;
- The depth of Candide services utilised among our customers;
- Positive and fluid engagement with our growth and product teams, and within your team.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Leadership experience across product, business development and engineering in an online-to-offline business;
- Driven and hungry to succeed;
- Strong and honest influencer with excellent negotiation skills;
- Great communicator;
- Accountable and results driven;
- Own vehicle to travel to clients;
- Continuous learner with interest in mobile apps and technology.
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- Amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
- An interview with our CEO
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com.
Please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com if you want to find more before you apply.
Apply for Head of Gardens
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly