Grower Supervisor | North Kent
3 days left
- Contract Type
We are working on an exciting Assistant Grower opportunity with a fourth generation family owned business supplying plants to garden centres, wholesalers and landscape customers to locations across the South East of England.
Specialising in bedding plants and pot plants, they are looking to expand in to perennial production to meet demand in their existing customer base. They have always believed in producing the highest quality Plants for their customers, no matter what their size. With this in mind they are looking for an Assistant Grower who is enthusiastic and keen and can help them in their plans to expand and grow the business.
As Assistant Grower you will work alongside the owner and his existing team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- Have a good understanding of pests and diseases as well a good knowledge and understanding of bedding plant production.
- Assist the owner in supervising the growing and management of the crops.
- Schedule for the coming seasons requirements.
- Take charge of specific activities, areas or staff as delegated by the owner.
- Carry out the general responsibilities and duties of a permanent members of staff and supervisors.
- Undertake any other nursery work when necessary.
- Expand the growing of perennials.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a good technical horticultural experience and training.
- Hands-on growing skills in the ornamental sector, specialising in Bedding, Perennials and Pot plants.
- You will be involved in all aspects of production from potting to despatch so knowledge of this is essential.
- Working within a team to ensure production targets are met you will need to have good supervisory skills.
- Full driving Licence
- PA1 & PA6 spray Certificates
- Be familiar with Excel and Microsoft Office
This is a brilliant job for a passionate and motivated individual who wants to work for a business that takes pride in the products they supply. To find out more, please apply via the link of contact Edina Bremner on 01780 480 530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Grower Supervisor | North Kent
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly