GW Pharmaceuticals (GW), and U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences, is a global biopharmaceutical company that has established a world-leading position in cannabinoid science and medicines. Founded over two decades ago in response to significant unmet patient need, patients remain our key focus and improving their quality of life, our motivation.
GW’s pioneering work has led to the regulatory approval of a world first, potentially life changing, cannabis-based medicines in 42 countries around the world. Our continued dedication has resulted in the treatment of thousands of patients with our medicines, including more than 8,000 as part of our clinical trials programmes.
About the Role:
- To manage GW’s Growing Operations’ Integrated Pest Management Plan across research and commercial sites
- Ensure working practices within Growing Operations are compliant with GACP, GW’s Quality Management System and regulatory requirements as required
- To develop integrated pest management systems to be used within GW controlled glasshouses in collaboration with quality and regulatory requirements for both research and commercial production
- To manage and develop working relationships with GW’s staff, commercial growers and biological control contractors and ensure weekly reports and IPM status is recorded, tracked and disseminated to the technical manager and interested parties
- To manage the IPM development programmes assessing new plant protection products that could be added to the IPM programme (in GW, Research and Production glasshouses as required)
- To ensure all working practices and facilities are compliant with IPM regulatory requirements of the Governments Health and Safety Executive
- To have a regular physical presence in GW’s research and commercial glasshouses for audit and record. To work with GW’s partners to understand and develop plant protection methods and preventative strategies
- Reporting to the Technical manager, Growing Operations
- Responsible for the compliance of plant protection and integrated plant management systems with GACP and GW Quality Management System
- To compile pest and disease data from across GW’s research and commercial sites and combine this with site audit information to provide monthly status reports and improvement recommendations.
- To expand and report on GW’s pest and disease integrated development research programme. To liaise with relevant research facilities and NGO’s to expand programme effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with GACP and internal Quality requirements. Support GW’s goal as the world leader in botanically derived medicines by ensuring GW’s operations follow appropriate best practice and can be show cased as such to stakeholders, shareholders and partners
- Maintaining cGxP and H&S knowledge applicable to the job
- The overall health, safety, security and environmental protection in their departments
- Ensures that safe systems of work are in place with regards to health & safety, security and the environment
- Carries out their work in a way that will not adversely affect their own, or others’, health, safety and security or the environment and reports any shortcomings in GW arrangements
- Proven experience in research or commercial use and development of integrated pest management systems
- Current and maintained BASIS qualification
- Knowledge of working within a regulated quality environment
- Extensive experience working in a relevant commercial or research agricultural / horticultural environment