20 acre estate with 5 acre formal gardens Tanworth in Arden, Solihull/Bromsgrove border is looking for a Gardener/Handyperson to work on a full-time basis, Monday to Friday, 8 hour day (including a 30 minute paid break) between the hours of 8.00am – 4.30pm.
Salary circa £22,000 - £25,000 per annum dependant on experience, knowledge, and satisfactory references.
Role & Responsibilities
- Comprehensive plant knowledge, a keen interest in gardens and landscapes, familiarity with most gardening practices
- Experience with kitchen garden is essential
- Experience in mowing on fine turf and outfield areas
- Ability to use Hedge cutters and hand-held machinery
- Planting, weeding and pruning
- Edging and shrub bed maintenance
- Handyperson duties and knowledge of all round maintenance and repairs essential
- Responsible key-holder and support looking after pets
- Capable of overseeing outside contractors
- Honest Reliable and dependable
- A willingness to work alongside and support other staff.
- Well-motivated with an eye for detail and a desire to achieve a high standard
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good organisational skills,
- A good understanding of Health and Safety issues
- Own Transport
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Additional day off if your birthday falls on a working day
- Annual pay reviews