Garden Centre Supervisor
To work alongside our established nursery team during peak growing seasons and assist the Plant Area and Nursery Manager in maximising year-round sales. Supervising an established team of nursery growers and retail staff.
Reporting to the Plant Area and Nursery Manager
Day to day tasks may vary depending on the time of year but will always include tasks such as taking care of plant stock-
- Customer service
- Watering, weeding and pruning
- Spraying (if you have the appropriate licences)
- Receiving plant deliveries
- Moving Plants around the nursery and tunnel/greenhouse maintenance
- Working in a varying weather conditions, you would need to be in good physical condition
- Transplant immature plug plants to grow on
- Visual merchandising displays
- To take responsibility for the running of the department in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Encourage staff to upsell wherever possible
- Bring new marketing ideas to the Plant Area Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Employee Discount
- On-site Parking
- 8 Hour Shifts on rotation with the General Manager and Plant Area Manager
- Day shift
- Horticultural Retail: 2 years (Required)
- Nursery Production experience is desirable.