The Botanical Gardener is a rapidly growing, well respected, Design & Build, Garden Maintenance & Irrigation Company working across London on exciting projects. We are known for offering a professional all round service from dedicated gardeners.
If you are passionate about all things in the garden and are looking to develop and grow within a great team we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone with a positive personality, a passion for horticulture and great communication skills. The position of Gardener requires the ability to work both alone and as part of a team with initiative to deal with the seasonal pressures of the job. They will assist the Lead Gardener in maintaining up to 3 gardens a day to the highest standard reflecting a sense of pride and ownership. In addition there will be occasions when it will be necessary to take on the role of Lead Gardener which includes taking responsibility for driving the van. Implementing soft landscaping schemes for residential and commercial clients will also be part of the role.
Applicants will require the following:-
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in practical amenity horticulture
- Formal horticulture qualifications are an advantage
- A passion for gardening
- A good knowledge of plants, pruning, lawn care, pest and disease identification and treatment
- A client focused attitude
- To be well presented
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Hold a full, clean UK driving license
- Have experience of driving in London
Salary on application DOE
A full, clean UK driving license, CV and references are essential.