Deputy Head Groundsperson / Propogation Manager
ROLE OF DEPUTY HEAD GROUNDSPERSON / PROPOGATION MANAGER TO HUNTINGDON TOWN COUNCIL
This is an exciting time to be joining Huntingdon Town Council as we progress to the construction of the town’s new crematorium and cemetery, along with new the council’s glass houses and depot.
All of the new construction will address environmental issues, with the glass houses heated via waste heat from the cremator. The site will only use battery operated equipment and recycling and composting will be high on the agenda!
The role of Deputy Head Groundsperson / Propagation Manager (DHG/PM) is to support, work with and deputise for the Head Groundsperson to ensure that the Council as a whole conducts its business properly and to provide independent, objective and professional horticultural advice and guidance.
What does the Deputy Head Groundsperson / Propagation Manager to the Council do?
The enclosed job description lists the duties in detail, but the main duties of the job can be summarised as to: -
- Deputise for the Head Groundsperson
- Ensure that the Council conducts its business lawfully
- Provides all of the Town Council’s summer & winter bedding, perennials, herbaceous, shrubs and trees.
- Provide pot plants for the Crematorium and council offices
- Team player
- Actively participates in Anglia In Bloom
- Proactively assist with support, guidance and training of the Horticultural Apprentices
- Communicate the Council's decisions
- Organise and manage the provision of the Council services
- Organise and oversee the implementation of projects
- Manage and lead the staff when appropriate
- Communicate and promote the Council services and facilities
- Keep property registers and other legal documents
- Keep up to date by undertaking required training/qualification.
The key duties and responsibilities to be undertaken are detailed in the Job Description included in this pack.
Skills and attributes needed
DHG/PM will pride themselves in having a good deal of common sense, confidence to handle horticultural practice and administrative work, be a good organiser, IT literate and able to get on with most people.
The key attributes required are detailed in the person specification included in the Recruitment Information Pack but underwriting these qualities is a sense of public duty - of wanting to help others in the community.
In order to apply for this role please click the 'Apply' button at the top or bottom of this advert and attach your completed application form - see supporting documents - along with a covering letter to Philip Peacock, Town Clerk.
Apply for Deputy Head Groundsperson / Propogation Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly