Horticulture Training Manager
HORTICULTURE TRAINING MANAGER
Location: Head Office, Maidenhead
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Home Working: This role is office based and not considered suitable for home-working
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: From £37,000 per annum, depending upon experience
About the Role:
As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories tending and conserving the cemeteries and memorials of men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars.
We proudly describe ourselves as one of the world’s largest and greatest gardening organisations with an estate of iconic cemeteries and memorials which have an unrivalled range of horticulture maintained to the highest standards.
Our Head Office Consultancy Team comprises technical specialists, leading direction, providing advice and ensuring our global standards are maintained, whilst also keeping at the forefront of technological innovation and legislative change.
This role in the Horticultural Consultancy Team will be key in ensuring our global workforce has the skills to continue to deliver our renowned standards of care and that we are focusing on training and development for our global workforce.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience and post qualification development
- Extensive knowledge and practical implementation of learning and development
- Leading and delivering training programmes, workshops and events
- Ability to work collaboratively and implement effective learning and skills development solutions
- Strong presentation skills and confidence when addressing individuals or large groups
- A strong desire to develop collaborative and practical working relationships with staff across a multi-discipline and multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to continuous professional development
Please refer to the attached job description for the full range of responsibilities for this role.
What We Can Offer You:
- 25 days annual leave, rising each completed year of service to 30 days
- Paid public holidays, one paid ‘privilege day’, plus paid office shutdowns for the afternoon of Maundy Thursday and between Christmas and New Year
- Generous ‘Pension Quality Mark’ Pension, with CWGC contributing up to 13% of gross salary
- Life Assurance
- Occupational Health Services
- Travel Insurance
- Employee Contribution Awards
- Sickness Pay and Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits which include cycle to work, childcare vouchers, shopping discounts and free eye tests
- Professional subscriptions relevant to the rol
On-site parking at our Maidenhead Head Office is currently subject to a waiting list. On-road parking and public car parks are located approximately ten minutes’ walk from the office. We are also located within a ten-minute walk of Maidenhead train station and the town centre bus stops.
How To Apply:
Please click the 'Apply' button at the top/bottom of this advert and send your cover letter, CV and completed application form
Interviews scheduled to be held: 19 and 20 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time once we receive sufficient applications and encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Apply for Horticulture Training Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly