Estate Garden Manager - 41191
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our growing business as an Estate Garden Manager for a high-profile private client on a prestigious 70-acre Berkshire estate. The estate comprises extensive high-end formal gardens, parklands, waterways and features, woodlands and leisure facilities.
The successful candidate will have a recognised horticultural qualification and significant professional experience in high-end estate garden management. They will need to demonstrate a proven ability to lead a successful team, enabling them to deliver high levels of performance and motivation at all times. As the candidate will be required to work closely with the Estate Manager, the client’s other representatives and senior management from Landform, they will need to demonstrate strong communication skills, exceptional customer service, an amenable nature and a pro-active and can-do attitude.
As well as strong people management skills the successful individual will be of undoubted integrity and discretion, be self-motivated, independent and an inspiration to their team, in order to drive superlative performance. Good time-management skills and exceptional attention to detail are also required. An ability to work well under pressure, especially in periods of heightened activity is essential.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- All aspects of horticulture; specialised and more general
- All aspects of lawn care
- Chemical applications and record keeping (PA1 & PA6 required)
- Tree surgery - liaising with tree surgeons
- Tending to borders and lawns
- Specialised pruning and trimming
- Care of artificial tennis court
- Managing waterways, lakes and stream, irrigation system
- Maintenance and servicing of machinery
- Ordering plants and materials
- Designing planting schemes including seasonal planting
- Provide horticultural advice as required
- Liaising with Estate Manager in all aspects of garden management
- Liaising with Landform senior management and colleagues
- Managing and supervising a team of circa 8 gardeners
- Managing holiday rota, timesheets and adhoc administration
- Managing HR matters with support from the Landform Head Office
- Conducting site risk assessments with support from Landform Head Office
- Completion of regular estate reports for presentation to Estate Manager and Landform senior management.
A full, clean UK driving licence is essential due to location of the property and the fact that they may be required to drive company vehicles.
We are able to offer a competitive salary for the right candidate, dependent on experience and qualifications and 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.