Full Time, permanent
About Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Program leading to the IB Diploma programme in Y12 and 13.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 850 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Reports to: Premises and Operations Manager
Normal hours would be 7am to 4pm but flexibility required
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer-service orientated Grounds Assistant to provide efficient and effective support to the Premises and Operations Manager in the day-to-day maintenance of the Schools external grounds, and to also assist in the running of the School’s facilities as necessary.
Additionally, the post holder will be expected to observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties and ensure that instructions specified by technical consultants, contractors and manufacturers are adhered to.
This role carries with it an amazing opportunity for the staff to engage with our pupils. We would encourage pupil participation with certain projects such as plant care and growing. This would be a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to cement themselves within our school's community and become a really valuable member of our team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Perform grounds keeping duties to include the following:
- Litter picking gardens, paths, playgrounds etc;
- Maintenance of school gardens including mowing, strimming, pruning etc;
- Landscape maintenance by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes;
- Cutting down tree limbs that are posing a danger;
- Assembly and installation of outdoor furniture;
- Painting / treatment of external furniture and fixtures such as benches and tables etc;
- Gritting and treatment of walkways, car parks and paths as necessary to maintain a safe environment for all members of the community at all times of the year;
- Ensuring that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the School and grounds are litter free;
- Assistance with maintaining the security of the premises and its contents in accordance with the School’s current requirements;
- Assistance with opening and locking up of the School including switching off lights and shutting/locking internal doors;
- Undertaking porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture;
- Reporting emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply to the Premises and Operations Manager or where not immediately available technical services or regular contractors, and report minor faults on site to the Premises and Operations Manager;
- Disposal of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required;
- Attending training or courses to maintain high level of delivery to the School;
- Compliance with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Lycée International De Londres Winston Churchill policies;
- Deputising and cover all other aspects of both internal and external grounds maintenance / management as necessary;
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
We take great care of our most valuable asset - our team:
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen every day, equivalent to £1,000/annum nontaxable
- Generous annual leave package
- Flexible hours during each student break
- Free hot beverages throughout the day
- Discount at nearby Costa, Dapper dry cleaning and local businesses including Wembley gym
- Perkbox account paid for by the business
- Free weekly language classes (French or English)
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave
Education & Experience Required
- English speaking with the addition of French or other language a real bonus
- Interest in working in an international environment
- Relevant experience in grounds maintenance
- An aptitude for grounds maintenance and a pride in work
- Strong team spirit
- Strong work ethic
- Initiative and common sense
- Excellent punctuality records
- First Aid qualification/certification
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.