Mobile Gardener West Region
7 days left
- Contract Type
GC1 Mobile Gardener West Region – United Kingdom and Northern Area.
The United Kingdom and Northern Area (UKNA) commemorates 310,000 casualties, in over 13,000 locations throughout the UK, Republic of Ireland, Gibraltar, Scandinavia, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Of these 134,456 are on ten major memorials located throughout the UK.
Location: You will cover maintenance in a group of sites in the Bristol, South Wales, Herefordshire and Worcestershire areas.
Opportunities to work on short-term projects in Scandinavia and other regions may also arise.
Contract Type: Permanent/full time
Hours of work:
Summer Hours -
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 12:30 hours / 13:30 to 17:00 hours
- Friday 08:00 to 12:30 hours / 13:30 to 16:00 hours
Winter Hours -
- Monday to Friday 08:30 to 12:30 hours / 13:00 to 16:00 hours
Salary: Starting salary of £20,975 per annum plus £1,790 UK Travelling Allowance
About the Role:
As a GC1 you will work individually or as part of a small team and be responsible for specific plots within the region. You will carry out manual horticultural maintenance and renovation work to the standards of excellence as set by the Commission. You will also complete various related administrative duties and assist the Regional Manager and Regional Operations Coordinator in meeting the overall objectives of the Region.
You will need NVQ Level 2 or an equivalent level qualification in Amenity Horticulture, or relevant horticultural experience. You will also need a full manual car driving licence. This is a mobile role and will require travel across the region and overnight stays on an occasional basis.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days annual leave, rising each completed year of service to 30 days
- Paid public holidays, one paid ‘privilege day’, plus paid office shutdowns for the afternoon of Maundy Thursday and between Christmas and New Year
- Generous ‘Pension Quality Mark’ Pension, with CWGC contributing up to 13% of gross salary
- Life Assurance
- Occupational Health Services
- Employee Contribution Awards
- Sickness Pay and Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Additional benefits including cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, shopping discounts and free eye tests
- Professional subscriptions relevant to the role
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity to join our UKNA Team please click below and attach a copy of your CV and a short covering letter detailing your experience and what you can bring to the role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time once we receive sufficient applications and encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Apply for Mobile Gardener West Region
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly