Head Kitchen Gardener
6 days left
- Contract Type
Rudding Park has an outstanding reputation and is widely regarded as an excellent example of woodland, kitchen and herbaceous gardens.
We are looking to recruit a Head Kitchen Gardener with a wealth of experience, a creative and artistic eye, sound plant knowledge and inspirational leadership skills.
You will already have a proven track record with experience as a kitchen gardener.
It would be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV;
- Managing a kitchen garden with significant practical experience in a presentation focused environment with a record of bringing new ideas to life.
- Knowledge and experience of managing a kitchen garden including vegetables, herbs and fruit propagation.
- Knowledge of edible plants
- Experience and Understanding of perennial and herbaceous planting, grasses and prairie planting would be advantageous but not essential
- Financial acumen with experience of setting, managing and reporting against budget for operational and project based work
- Customer service focus with a deep commitment to ensuring that all visitors have an enjoyable and engaging experience. Our kitchen gardener is instrumental in taking the lead during our kitchen garden tours we offer to our guests at Rudding Park.
- Coaching, developing, and supervising teams and giving timely constructive feedback to inspire and manage volunteers and staff.
- Managing contractors delivering to agreed specifications and within relevant legislative frameworks.
- The successful applicant will work on a fulltime basis 5 days over 7.
In return we have a strong focus on the wellbeing of our people
- An award winning employer, as such offer excellent salary and benefits for our employees.
- A uniform package that ensures you have the right equipment regardless of the season.
- Free Car Parking and our own cycle to work scheme.
- 30 days’ annual leave for full time employees increasing with length of service and the ability to be able to purchase additional annual leave after a qualifying period.
- Health cash plan –Pension Plan
- Attractive staff discounts
- Monthly reward programme recognising our people for going the extra mile.
- Celebrations of success through family events such as our complimentary family fun day and end of year party to than all our teams and their families.
- Grow your career through professional training courses supported by Rudding Park.
- We are proud to be an accredited disability confident and mindful employer
- We have a passion to be an inclusive employer partnering our local fund in North Yorkshire
We offer an excellent salary and package depending on skills and experience that you will bring to our team. If you feel that you have what it takes to join our team and are looking for your next step with a progressive award winning organisation which believes in developing, it’s people then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please visit our website for further details of this position
or send your CV to
Closing date 25th October 2019
Apply for Head Kitchen Gardener
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly