Hard Landscape Foreperson - 40912
Our client is a multiple award-winning company. They are a unique company that offers a complete garden service, managing the whole garden construction process from the designer's initial concept plan to the completion of the fully planted and landscaped garden. This client is now looking for a Hard Lamdscape Foreperson to join their team.
They require a highly self-motivated person with extensive landscape knowledge and experience whois capable of working on their own initiative and in collaboration with management to create top-end gardens. Although this is a hands-on role, the foreperson will be responsible for supervising team members, as well as agency staff and sub-contractors when required.
The roleinvolves driving and applicants must therefore have a full, clean driving licence.
- To carry out general landscaping works and to supervise the day to day running of the sit an its staff.
- To liaise with the Contracts Manager regarding daily/weekly scheduling, ordering of material etc. This will involve regular updates and meetings
- To set out garden and agree with Contracts Manager prior to work commencing
- To oversee and manage sub-contractors
- To carry out all required Health & Safety checks, including Risk Assessments, CompetenceForms, Vehicle H&S, Inductions etc
- To keep site diary and monitor staff to ensure correct admin, personnel and H&S procedure are being followed.
- Broad range of landscaping skills
- Specific skills required include
- Machine use e.g. excavators, dumpers, forklifts
- Use of laser level for setting out, height measurements etc
- Self-motivated, organised and pro-active
- Ability to deal with management, clients and designers professionally and
- Ability to instruct other staff clearly and efficiently.
- Extensive landscaping record
- Experience in working from plans and specifications
- Proven people management background
- Receiving and planting of larger tree stock
- Crane work and safe lifting
- Good carpentry record, along with some knowledge of rendering and plumbing
- Familiarity with Health & Safety policies and experience in implementing them