Head Gardener - NON RESIDENTIAL
We are looking for an experienced Head Gardener to manage and maintain to a high standard an established garden of approx. 11 acres. The garden includes formal and wild gardens, walled garden, kitchen garden and a substantial number of trees. You will be a hands-on gardener who will supervise one full time, assistant gardener to ensure that all the gardens are beautifully presented.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track history of managing a medium sized garden is essential.
- A relevant qualification in horticulture (e.g. National Diploma/Botanic Garden Diploma National Certificate) or equivalent experience is essential
- A good knowledge of plants, their identification, propagation and cultivation.
- The ability to think and plan both strategically (long term) and on a practical (day to day) basis
- A good team player with an ability to work effectively with garden and house staff
- Self-motivated and with the energy and enthusiasm to motivate others
- Ability to take responsibility and act decisively
- An eye for detail and desire to achieve high standards.
- Able to undertake work of a physical nature and skilled in a range of practical skills
- Must also possess good general DIY and maintenance skills.
Salary in the range £20-25k commensurate with experience
The post holder will work as part of a small, friendly household team and will be offered opportunities for further training and development. Applications to include CV and covering letter please.