Production Manager required for well-known Tree Nursery on the northern edge of the New Forest.
We have a reputation for growing a wide range of high-quality, mostly field grown trees and shrubs. The successful applicant would be expected to have previous experience in a similar sector of the industry.
- Manage the overall operation of the whole production cycle from propagation through to preparing stock for dispatch.
- Maintain high standards of plant hygiene and pest and disease control. Monitor crops for quality and deal with the latest plant passporting regulations.
- Create spray programs for the nursery and to have PA1 and PA6 qualifications, and ideally PA3 in safe use of pesticides.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who has had management experience or has the ability to manage a team of workers.
- He/She should have good written communication skills, combined with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, as well as a good level of computer literacy.
- Previous experience of budding, grafting and producing young stock from seeds and cuttings would be expected.
- Accommodation could be made available if required.
- Competitive salary offered.
Closing date for applications 30th September, 2019