We are looking to employ several new members of staff to join our established and thriving garden maintenance department. This is a great opportunity to join one of our five permanent, full time garden maintenance teams. We currently have a number of positions for skilled, experienced gardeners and assistant team leaders within the department.
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience of garden maintenance, including working with gardening tools and machinery, hedge shaping and pruning, weed identification, plant identification, pest and disease management, irrigation system installation and management, and working outdoors in all weather.
- Hard working
- Positive attitude and cheerful outlook
- Ability to work in all weathers, all year round
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Past experience in gardens/plants/maintenance/horticulture
- Clean UK/EU driving licence is an advantage
- Customer facing and ability to communicate clearly and well
- A reference from previous employment.
- Company uniform, and all relevant health and safety training
- Staff Training and Development – we are developing a thorough in-house training course and scheme that will cover all aspects of garden maintenance, horticultural practice and plantsmanship.
- This course will help develop your skills and knowledge over time, and will add to your professional development within the horticultural sector
Positions are full-time, with a 3 month probationary period.
Salary/hourly pay – dependent on experience, between £25k and £33k
Holidays – 20 days year including bank holidays
Hours – 7:15am – 4:30pm.