Green Team Supervisor - G905
Are you passionate about horticulture and about introducing new trainees into the industry?
The Company’s Green Teams have provided hundreds of trainees with their first taste of work in grounds maintenance and horticulture. Under the tutelage of their Green Team Supervisors they have successfully delivered award winning landscaping and maintenance contracts throughout London.
Green Teams will be at the very heart of the delivery of several of The Company’s programmes and their newest landscaping and sustainable urban drainage projects. They are seeking a Green Team Supervisor who will lead and manage the programme’s activities that will be crucial to the success of these projects.
The Green Team Supervisor reports to the Green Team Programme Manager and is responsible for leading and training a team of trainee landscape gardeners and grounds maintenance operatives. Tasks include identifying, planning, managing and delivering a diverse programme of hard and soft landscaping projects, predominantly in the West London area, but potentially at any site across the Capital.
Teams of trainees are typically comprised of up to 6 waged trainees, each of whom are keen to secure future employment within grounds maintenance. The Green Team Supervisor manages the team of trainees providing line management support, training and site and operational supervision and management across all work related matters relating to the trainees.
- Supervise, train and manage a team of trainees undertaking hard and soft landscaping improvement projects throughout The Company’s operational area.
- Maintain relationships with local training providers, landowners and employers to meet the aims of the programme.
- Maintain the programmes’ systems and procedures by which the Trust will be able to manage training initiatives successfully.
- A relevant horticulture landscaping qualification such as a BTEC or NVQ Level 2 minimum.
- Ability to undertake hard and soft landscaping projects adhering to project briefs, specifications and budgets.
- Ability to supervise the delivery of hard and soft landscaping projects by team members with limited skills and experience.
- Ability to engage and motivate people who have spent long periods not in training or paid employment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage conversations and speak/communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work in partnership, network and negotiate with a wide range of organisations such as local authorities, colleges and businesses in order to successfully deliver projects and place trainees.
- Ability to carry out Risk Assessments for the safe delivery of Open/Green Space projects and activities, and to deliver physical improvement and maintenance projects with an understanding of and adherence to the relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Ability to use MS Corporate Applications; MS Word, Excel, Internet and Email.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Work will be a 37.5-hour week, although willingness to be flexible is essential.
- A SSSTS qualification is highly desirable.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
If this Green Team Supervisor vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Mark Bolam on 01233 732767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Green Team Supervisor vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Green Team Supervisor vacancy will have been unsuccessful.