Assistant gardener position to join a team of 4 at a busy and dynamic country house weddings and events venue outside Honiton in East Devon.
We are seeking a highly motivated, polite and confident person to join the gardens and estate team here at Deer Park, to help keep the 80 acre estate and pleasure grounds to the highest standards possible.
This is a varied role and would primarily involve working in the following areas.
- Fruit, vegetable and cut flower cultivation in our 1 acre walled garden.
- Mowing and strimming.
- Maintenance of our wild trout fishery on the river otter.
- Care of borders around the principle buildings and out-door wedding venue.
- Care and maintenance of our newly planted commercial cider orchard.
- Offering the highest levels of hospitality to our guests.
The successful candidate should be experienced in the basics of grounds care and hold a relevant horticultural qualification, most important however is a positive attitude and willingness to work hard and learn, full on the job training will be given to the right candidate in all areas.
This is fantastic opportunity for a motivated and passionate person to take their career forward and work in a busy, fun and supportive team atmosphere with real potential for the future as new aspects of the business come on line.
Accommodation in staff house possible.
Applications with covering letters please to firstname.lastname@example.org