Grounds and Gardens Team Leader
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of NHS mental and physical care in the UK. We are rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission and ‘outstanding’ for caring and our forensic services.
We are here to care for people with mental and physical illness, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for children, adults and older people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries, care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
Our physical healthcare services include intermediate care services in Hammersmith & Fulham as part of the Community Independence Service partnership.
Our national, specialist and forensic services include:
- Medium secure services on the St Bernard’s Hospital site in Ealing
- Services for people with complex and severe personality disorder at the Cassel Hospital in Richmond
- High secure services at Broadmoor Hospital in Berkshire
We are a teaching Trust with a growing research portfolio, working with academic and industry partners.
Our 3400 staff are dedicated to improving lives, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
This is a fantastic opportunity to Team Lead a highly innovative and motivated team delivering the highest quality ground care in an inpatient mental health setting & wider estate.
West London NHS Trust is widely renowned for providing exceptional and innovative patient care. We are one of the most diverse providers of care in the UK and our staffs are dedicated to improving lives through the wide range of services we offer. Our aim is to offer opportunities to employees who are enthusiastic, create positive energy, and are highly passionate in delivering and providing excellent patient care.
This is an amazing job for someone who is passionate about parks and gardens and is driven to improve standards and patient experience. The Team Leader is responsible for a team focused on delivering day to day gardening operations within the Broadmoor Hospital Estate that includes intensive planting, open grassland, woodland & ecologically sensitive areas. The successful Team Leader will manage and organise staff so that they are working productively and safely to ensure that the green spaces are managed to the best possible standards with the resources available.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Grounds & Gardens Supervisor in all delegated management & record keeping tasks and to check and submit all paperwork as required ensuring that it is accurate, on time and compliant
- Actively work with & support Grounds & Garden staff across a wide range of landscape & hospital requirements.
- To arrange work schedules and working patterns, in consultation with the Grounds & Gardens Supervisor
- To ensure that personnel are working safely at all times and that all accidents and near misses are reported and measures put in place to mitigate against these.
- Ability to use & maintain a wide range of equipment, including commercial mowers, tractors & associated machinery
- To have delegated responsibility for the performance management and H&S of the staff.
- To proactively manage staff 1 to 1’s sickness, holiday and absences.
- To carry out any other associated duties that may from time to time incidentally arise, develop or be assigned.
- Salary range £22,143 to £24,949 ( including London fringe allowance) + Generous NHS Pension.
Closing Date: 19/08/2019