Production Manager - National Dahlia Collection
Full Time. Permanent position. Competitive salary.
The National Dahlia Collection, home to over 1600 named cultivars, are looking for a Production Manager to head up their small but enthusiastic team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to manage the finest collection of Dahlias in the UK, located in an idyllic setting just outside Penzance, looking out towards St Michael’s Mount and Mount’s Bay.
The role will include range of practical horticulture tasks to develop and enhance the collection as well as contribute to the delivery of projects. You’ll be responsible for managing the collection, display garden and the team daily and must be confident in maintaining high standards and prioritising workloads. As part of a wider horticultural business you’ll also be involved in other summer flower crops.
The ideal candidate will:
- have practical hands on experience in plant production, with an understanding of nursery stock requirements
- have experience of heading up and supporting a team
- be confident interacting with members of the public, local partners and other interested groups
- be able to represent the collection at industry bodies, shows and events
- be creative with a good eye for detail and ability to work to the highest standards
- have enthusiasm, integrity, and the ability to take responsibility
- have the ability to work proactively, both as part as a team and independently
- have a good understanding of office computer systems, word, excel and email
- hold a full driving licence.
- horticulture qualification at RHS level 3 or similar would be desirable or equivalent horticultural experience and knowledge
- PA1 and PA6 spray licence preferable
- IOSH or NEBOSH certificate desirable and some experience of managing health and safety.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role with an award winning collection in a beautiful part of the country, this could the perfect opportunity for you.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.