Regional Development Manager
This advert is for three positions, two in the London area and one in Manchester. If you wish to apply for these roles please ensure you click on the relevant link at the bottom of the advert.
We are looking for a Regional Development Manager to join our team at phs Greenleaf. Due to the nature of the role, we are looking specifically for someone who has experience in the Horticultural industry, and knowledge of interior and exterior landscaping such as hanging baskets and living walls.
Main Purpose of job
To deal efficiently with customer queries ensuring maximum customer and company satisfaction at all times. To maintain the existing customer portfolio and promote and sell the company's products and services to both new and existing customers within a designated territory.
- To proactively maintain the customer base and improve longevity of accounts within the region.
- Develop existing customer accounts by visiting and keeping them up to date with the new product ranges.
- Initiate and develop new business in a designated territory.
- Negotiate with the customer to save cancellation by reselling the benefits of products / services, resolving any problems or re-assessing prices profitably.
- To recognise and enforce, where appropriate, breach of contract terms or to negotiate an acceptable contribution for early termination.
- To liaise effectively with the customers and other members of staff to respond to and resolve queries within the agreed time limits building good working relations.
- Plan each day's work to maximize activity levels.
- Establish the customer's needs, present the facts and benefits of the phsGreenleaf range and services and offer on plant/flower display types in accordance with the site environment, customer requests and requirements.
- To complete quotations, tenders and renegotiations in line with the phsGreenleaf price grid to ensure satisfactory levels of profitability.
- To undertake and submit all necessary sales administration i.e. completed contracts, forecasts, pipelines, activity forms and expenses within the agreed timescales and in line with company policy.
- To liaise and form good working relationships with all colleagues, other departments and members of staff at all times.
- It is the responsibility of all Greenleaf employees to actively contribute to the development of the business, by undertaking any task or duty, which they are deemed competent to do.
- To undergo continuous training and development.
- To adhere to the Company's policies on Health & Safety.
Skills and knowledge required to perform this role
- Knowledge of the company sales and service computer system.
- Knowledge of the company's products and services.
- Knowledge of terms and conditions of contract.
- Horticultural awareness.
- Good communications skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- To be self-motivated.
- To be flexible.
- Clean Driving License
For London applications please use the following link:
For Manchester applications please use the following link: