Head Gardener with Estate management skills required for a Historic Cornish Estate.
Head Gardener with estate management skills required for a Historic Cornish Estate.
The ideal candidate should be creative and hard working with a good eye for detail and have the ability to head-up, and support , a team of enthusiastic gardeners. It would also be an advantage if the candidate would be capable of assisting in areas of estate management. This position could potentially have accommodation included for the right candidate.
The individual should have a passion in the design and husbandry of historic gardens within this 2000 acre estate, which contains beautiful listed Repton park land surrounding the main house, a 19th Century arboretum and a 3 acre walled garden incorporating kitchen gardens. There are also secret gardens and a Mediterranean garden amongst others.
This is an opportunity for a successful applicant to contribute to the on-going design plans of the owners, who are passionate about the estate which sits in one of the most beautiful and private parts of the UK.
A highly competitive salary and relocation package will be available for the successful applicant
Key responsibilities will include;
• Oversight of General garden maintenance tasks such as pruning, hedge trimming, weed control, strimming, dead heading, spraying.
• The production of fruit, vegetables and cut flowers for the house from within the garden and greenhouse.
• Overseeing the garden team in the development and landscaping of new areas.
• Help with special events may be required.
- Managing and processing purchasing
Qualifications, skill and experience;
• Horticultural qualification RHS level 3 or similar would be desirable or equivalent horticultural experience and knowledge.
• A good eye for detail and the ability to work to the highest standards.
• Enthusiasm, integrity and the ability to take responsibility.
• The ability to work pro-actively, both as part of a team and independently.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven career experience of working to the highest standards.
• Full UK driving licence (essential).
• PA1 PA6 Spray licence preferable
• IOSH or NEBOSH certificate preferable and some experience managing health and safety
• Experience of managing a team of gardeners covering grounds maintenance of large scale landscaped gardens, including working with, and developing apprentices on apprenticeship programs.
• Drawing up and management of staff schedules and rotas and timesheet record keeping
Send a detailed CV for the attention of Tracey Storey at email@example.com