Head Gardener - 40229
My Client located in Ascot are looking for a Head Gardener for their large Private Estate. The Head Gardener will be responsible for managing 13 members of the garden team, overseeing day to day garden management and maintenance and providing horticultural training for all team members.
The Head Gardener oversees all day to day garden management and maintenance, ensuring that the team achieve first class standards and attention to detail across the Gardens and Estate.
- Ensuring all the gardens and grounds on the Estate and surrounding family owned properties are maintained to the highest possible standard. This includes the lawns, tennis courts, swimming pool area, lake area, Rose garden, Fountain Garden and Greenhouse management.
- Manage and oversee the flowers, plants, shrubs, salads and vegetables produced for inside the UK residences when the family are in residence.
- Work alongside various garden designers employed by the family
- Management of external contractors
- Management of the garden staff
- Oversee all houseplant installations
- Produce a monthly Garden report to include photos, which is presented to the family
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to plan for special events throughout the year which include flower displays
A friendly, hard-working, trustworthy and honest person required who has common sense and takes initiative.
Needs to have a flexible attitude, and at least 5 – 10 years horticulture experience. A driver is essential. Someone who is discreet, unobtrusive and able to respect the family's privacy.
More searches like this
- Garden Centres & Nurseries Management Jobs Full Time jobs in Ascot
- Greenkeeping & Turf Care Management Jobs Full Time jobs in Ascot
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Management Jobs Full Time jobs in Ascot
- Growing Management Jobs Full Time jobs in Ascot
- Landscaping Management Jobs Full Time jobs in Ascot