6 days left
- Contract Type
Are you a visionary who is passionate about cultivation? Do you live to lead horticulture strategy? Want to add immediate value to the lives of our residents?
We are recruiting a Horticulture Manager to be the newest member of our Design team, responsible for managing all things green!
The Horticulture Manager will play a pivotal role in the strategic elements of cultivating our villages throughout the UK. You will take a pragmatic viewpoint on preparing planting plans (and specifications) through from design, tender, work-on-site and final completion. Maintaining costs, creating improvement plans, while working within project timeframes and budgets will be second nature you to.
You will manage multiple estates throughout the UK, champion the soft landscaping strategy and be responsible for evaluating existing projects and grounds.
Now for the most important thing – you must LOVE plants!
- Preparing planting plans and specifications
- Following design and plans through to tender, work-on-site, and final completion
- Evaluating all existing gardens and propose improvements plans
- Managing and working with onsite contractors
- Advising on cost and working within budget
- Working with the Project Leader to make sure that deadlines are adhered to
- Taking designs and making technical decisions
- Co-ordinating and communicating within a multi-disciplinary team
- Working closely with Landscape Architects and Project team members.
- Sound knowledge of strategic planting design
- Previous experience working on-site i.e. Landscape Contractor or Independent Designer
- Proven background in delivering various projects across multiple sites
- Previous experience of budget management and cost control
- Strategically minded with experience with future planning
- Level 3 Diploma in Horticulture or equivalent, would be ideal but not essential
- IT literate including the full MS Office package and CAD software (training can be given)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative without ongoing supervision
- Full UK driving licence and flexible to travel to visit sites.
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
- BUPA health care
- Contributory pension
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer days
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in a modern office with a dynamic team setting.
Here at Inspired Villages, our residents mean a great deal to us, but so do our employees.
So, if you have a passion for horticulture, actively go out of your way to help others and want to work for a company which recognises you - please get in touch!
Apply for Horticulture Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly