Stefano Marinaz Landscape Architecture is looking for a landscape gardener to join its team. We offer our customers a comprehensive design, build and garden maintenance service. We currently have several high end properties throughout London and have an opening for a gardener with a Diploma in Horticulture.
The landscape gardener will be responsible for looking after medium size gardens in London. You will work independently as well as with a second person to help you out on certain tasks. The main responsibilities will be:
- All aspects of garden maintenance, such as weeding, pruning, planting, lawn moving, jet-washing, maintenance of irrigation and planting.
- Competent in using the appropriate power tools where required.
- Leasing with clients, updating them on the work being undertaken and making recommendations on how to improve and develop their garden.
- Updating Stefano on the work carried out, relevant changes of the garden or other issue which will require Stefano’s attention.
- Working alongside Stefano or other members of the team creating a planting palette for new projects.
- Scheduling clients in the diary based on their requirements and seasonal needs in the garden.
You must have a formal qualification in Horticulture, passion for this job and practical skills. You will need to be honest, self-motivated, reliable, able to plan your work appropriately and have a friendly yet professional approach with clients demonstrating excellent communication skills. It is very important to pay attention to details, to have a ‘can do’ attitude and to be able to foresee potential issues on the job. A full driving licence is required as the candidate will need to drive the van fully equipped with gardening tools. SMLA offers training courses, uniform, PPE, company phone and company pension.
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss more in details this opportunity please get in touch by clicking "Apply" and providing your details and CV.