An experienced & skilled Estate Gardener is sought for a beautiful privately owned country estate, West of Newbury, Berkshire.
This established estate consists of over 150 acres of open parkland, woodland, formal gardens, lavender field, ornamental lake and 3 tennis courts. Working alongside the Head Gardener, you will be joining a well organised landscaping department, which is part of a wider estate team. Being instrumental in reinvigorating the grounds, you will possess & be able to demonstrate excellent horticultural and landscaping knowledge.
Duties will include -
- Lawn care
- Hedge cutting
- Leaf blowing
- Snow clearance and salting in winter
Person Specification -
- Presentable & organised with strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours when required to meet deadlines.
- Physically fit as this is a hands-on and active role.
- Excellent communication skills (fluent written and spoken English essential).
- Chainsaw, MEWP, PA1/6, first aid & horticulture qualifications desirable.
- Must hold a full driving licence and have experience using the usual range of garden machinery (will need to be over 25 yrs old for vehicle insurance).
- Discretion and confidentiality for the employer, his family & guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic & passionate gardener to further develop the estate and their career.
Salary (£23-28k) dependent on experience. Overtime paid for extra hours worked. Live out.