Experienced Head Gardener Required
The owners of a manor house near Bath, Somerset, are seeking to employ a self-motivated and dynamic Head Gardener, who will have excellent horticultural knowledge and experience of historic gardens.
The ten acre property consists of formal gardens, water gardens, woodlands, a meadow and a small kitchen garden.
The Head Gardener would be responsible for:
- the development and implementation of annual management plans for the estate’s gardens.
- creating and delivering the agreed strategies for the short, medium and long-term goals, including agreeing and managing the budget; specifically creating a planting plan for each season in conjunction with the owners; and the implementation of these plans.
The ideal candidate would:
- have an academic horticultural qualification at Level 3 or above
- be highly self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic, with a hands-on, proactive can-do attitude and a passion for maintaining grounds to the highest standards
- able to supervise and manage others.
- able to handle a wide range of garden machinery including tractors, mowers and chainsaws and ideally hold CS30/CS31 and PA1/PA6A certificates.
Applicants for this role should be willing to commit to the position on a long-
This is a live out position and no accommodation is provided.
Start Date: ASAP but willing to wait for the right candidate
To apply, please click "Apply" and send a copy of your current CV via email.