Soft Fruit Managing Director- Herefordshire
On behalf of our client, De Lacy Executive are searching for a motivated Managing Director to run a successful soft fruit business. Reporting to the share-holders, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to take ownership of the growing operations and inspire an established, hard working team. With the ability to identify threats to the soft fruit industry and plan effectively, they will be a key decision maker in driving the business forward. This position is an excellent opportunity for an applicant with soft fruit and people management experience seeking progression within the industry.
- Deliver efficient and effecting management of the fresh produce business, using experience and strategy to ensure growth and profitability.
- Liaise with the Operation Manager, providing support as and when required.
- Ensure fruit quality is being maintained.
- Organise the logistical aspects of the harvest both long and short term, from weekly forecasts to daily schedules.
- Identify and report issues to the shareholders where necessary.
- Come up with long term strategies to grow the business.
- Coordinate group visits by technical advisers and growers.
- Recruitment of additional staff when needed.
- Liaise with suppliers.
- Diary management.
- An effective team manager.
- A strong communicator at all levels.
- Experience in soft fruit.
- A strong interest in diversification and growing a business.
- Experience of budgeting and auditing.
- A flexible approach to work and managing changing workloads.
- Attention to detail.
- A full UK driving licence.
- An excellent package is available to reflect the importance of this role.