Director of Vineyard Operations - UK
Our client is significantly expanding their UK Wine industry business. They currently have 2 well established vineyards. By 2021 their growth strategy will make them the largest producer of wine in the UK. Currently they have a small executive team in the UK and it is now the appropriate time to hire a leader of the vineyards to manage this strong and exciting growth phase in their vineyard operations.
This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience to plan, maintain and maximise the vineyard operations in the UK group. The ideal candidate will have extensive vineyard management experience at a senior level, successfully operating across multiple sites and varieties of crops.
- Manage the Organic planning, setup and maintenance of vineyard operations
- Manage the planting and maintenance of all our vineyards, using the latest technology, automation and other techniques to maximise the yields from the vines
- Maintain the data of grape production, crop estimates, vine maintenance and all other information
- Develop a future grape supply strategy in line with the UK business plan
- Work closely with growers, winemakers, and consultants to achieve high quality grape supply, and a balanced inventory
- Responsible for selecting and managing sub-contracted seasonal labour for hand work, equipment operations, pest control, and harvest
- Manage and organise the harvest in conjunction with the wine making teams on order to achieve wine making goals for each annual production plan
- Lead the Vineyard Operations team
- Recruit new staff and manage the team growth
- Ensure compliance to the highest quality and regulatory standards for each vineyard operation
- Manage the running and maintenance of all vineyard assets
- Establish vineyard procedures and train staff in the implementation of new procedures
- Assist in the analysis of potential further farm acquisitions to increase the estate to 3,000 acres or more
- Extensive experience in Vineyard and Wine production operations
- Bachelor's degree in Viticulture or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Experienced vineyard senior manager or Director with track record of delivering high yield, multi-site vineyard operations
- Business, people and budget management skills
- Clear leadership skills with track record of managing multiple sites and cross functional teams
- Ability to use Office 365, MS office including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
A highly competitive package that reflects this senior position is on offer for the right candidate and includes salary, bonus and car and other benefits.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.