Head Gardener Required.
The ideal candidate will be hard working with a positive attitude, good problem solving skills and a genuine enthusiasm for their work. You will need an eye for detail, the ability to follow instructions and work well on your own. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with other members of the estate staff and work well within the garden team. You will need to be capable of taking responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance of the gardens and grounds plus other responsibilities on the wider estate.
This role would suit somebody with good all round gardening experience, capable of working closely with the Garden Consultant and existing garden team.
Key responsibilities will include;
- General garden maintenance tasks such as pruning, hedge trimming, weed control, strimming, dead heading.
Mowing with pedestrian and ride on machines.
The production of fruit, vegetables and cut flowers for the
house from within the walled garden and glasshouse.
The daily management of irrigation requirements.
Assisting the garden team in the development and
landscaping of new areas.
- Occasional help with special events may be required.
Qualifications, skill and experience;
- Horticultural qualification RHS level 2 or similar would be desirable or equivalent horticultural experience.
- Chainsaw certificate and PA1 spraying certificate would be an advantage.
- A good eye for detail and the ability to work to the highest standards.
Enthusiasm, integrity and the ability to take responsibility.
The ability to work pro-actively, both as part of a team and
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Proven career experience of working to the highest standards.
- Full UK driving licence (essential).
On site accommodation is provided and some out of hours duties are required such as, security and care of chickens.