A motivated and enthusiastic person is required for a gardening role on a large, private, rural estate near Maidenhead.
The successful applicant will be expected to work as part of a close-knit team and at times alone, developing and maintaining extensive grounds to an exacting standard. Competence in horticultural maintenance work including weeding, planting, mulching and hedge cutting is desirable.
Experience of using horticultural machinery including some or all of the following would be an advantage:
- ride-on lawn mowers for fine turf and outfield areas.
- tractor mounted attachments including flail, aerator, scarifier, hedge cutters and trailed implements.
- pedestrian machinery including cylinder and rotary mowers and lawn fertiliser spreaders.
- hand held machinery including strimmers.
The successful candidate will be:
- enthusiastic and self motivated.
- physically fit.
- positive attitude.
- a keen interest in horticulture
- strong communicator
- ability to use own initiative as part of a team or individually.
This is a full time position with an immediate start.
Working hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday with some weekend work available.