This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic horticulturalist to join our small team working for an international seed company. Interesting and varied work to support a cauliflower breeding program and commercial vegetable seed production.
Full time position offered. Candidates interested in part time work are also invited to apply.
- Full driving licence
- PA1 and PA6 crop spraying certificates
- Must be able to cope with working in hot conditions inside polythene tunnels in summer and outside in all weathers.
- The work can be physically demanding – must be able to bend, kneel, lift and carry.
- Must be happy to work with maggots and flies used as pollinators.
- Willing to drive the company vehicle between our three sites and locally in East Kent.
- Participation in weekend and holiday duty rota.
- Care of seed crops and research plants growing in polythene tunnels, various tasks according to the season (planting, potting, de-leafing, hand pollination, harvesting and cleaning seeds)
- Crop protection – spraying using knapsack or barrow sprayers
- Herbicide application around the seed production sites. Other site maintenance.
- A company mobile phone is provided.
- Employment is by Hazera Seeds UK Limited on behalf of the French company, Vilmorin. Hazera and Vilmorin are part of the Limagrain Group
To apply or for more details please contact: