Hard Landscape Team Leader
Love Outdoors is seeking a Hard Landscape Foreman with current CSCS card.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in all aspects of landscaping, including setting out from plans, groundworks, paving, wall construction, carpentry, horticultural works and have strong experience in the creation of modern gardens including artificial grass installation and the installation of a variety of canopies.
- Setting out of the site, including site maths and accurate measurements
- Material and tool care and general on site maintenance
- Brickwork, natural stone, porcelain and block paving and resin driveways
- Linear fencing, pergolas, gazebos and screens
- Concreting and screeding
- Installation of irrigation systems
- Installation of sail shade canopies, tension canopies, umbrellas, parasols and modern shade systems
- Yard maintenance, tool care and upkeep
- Ensure H&S and PPE is correct
- Training and development of the labourer's beneath
- Management of the team including rotas, sickness and holidays
- Liaising with the office and suppliers regarding deliveries
- Organising any sub-contractors
- Working closely with Installations Director & Project Manager on the critical path for the project
The business has a reputation for creating high quality outdoor spaces across London & the Home Counties. We specialise in building complex designer landscape schemes, canopy led transformation of outdoor spaces, irrigation and exterior fit outs for bars and restaurants etc. We are looking for someone who is passionate about training and development to ensure progression of talent through the company.
There are regular social events, bringing the teams together for curry and beer nights, summer and winter barbeques, and Christmas events. We believe in bringing the team together and rewarding hard work done with a recognition scheme in place for high performers.
This is a highly varied and interesting role for the right applicant. It will require a high degree of technical knowledge and competency with the ability to problem solve. The perfect candidate for this role will have bags of experience in the areas listed above. You'll also have a strong track record in managing a team and be able to communicate professionally and effectively with a range of partners, suppliers and both domestic and commercial clients. You'll need a full clean driving licence of at least 6 years and a current CSCS card.
Flexibility will be required with respect to working hours and practices, particularly during the summer months as those experienced in this industry will understand. Typical hours will be 7am to 5pm. There may also be a requirement to work outside of the UK on occasions.
Whilst this is a full time role, all of our roles are initially offered on a contract basis. This allows the opportunity to work with you to find a mutually beneficial arrangement.