Horticulturist & Nurseryman
We are a small but dedicated team who is passionate about horticulture. Our company provides excellent garden design, consultation and garden maintenance around the beautiful area of Ludlow, as well as growing interesting hardy perennials in our small nursery. We are now looking for a further 2 experienced Horticulturists to join our growing team.
- Be physically fit and able to undertake all garden related duties.
- Have demonstrated horticultural ability, good plant identification skills and a genuine passion for the work.
- Be willing to work alongside us to ensure the highest horticultural standards are maintained.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible and enjoy being part of a close-knit team, whilst being able to work alone where needed and show initiative.
- Be friendly, polite and diplomatic.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation.
- Manage the workload by planning and prioritizing effectively.
- Ideally a minimum of RHS Level 2 or similar is required, along with PA1/PA6 Spraying Certificates.
- An understanding and interest in naturalistic planting and garden principles is desirable.
About the position:
As a member of the team, you will be required to maintain and develop a range of gardens and areas to a high standard, using specialist horticultural skills. Typical duties for the role include seasonal border maintenance such as weeding, mulching, plant division and pruning; Specialist Wisteria, Rose and Orchard pruning; planting and larger scale soft landscaping; develop good relationships with the clients, providing advice and consultation where necessary; maintaining our nursery stock and being involved in propagation; attend flower shows and plant sales; at a later stage, once ability is proven, being involved in garden design (hand-drawn preferably).
We are a close-knit team and depend on the right personalities to work with us to achieve our goals. We are always looking for new practices and techniques to improve our work and enjoy experimenting to this end. We work closely with our sister company The Humble-Bee Landscaping & Construction Ltd. who create the hard landscaping for our projects, along with specialist woodworking and timber buildings. We value the differing strengths of our team members and plan work to make effective use of people’s skills.
More searches like this
- Horticultural Specialist Student Placements Full Time jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Garden Centres & Nurseries Student Placements Full Time jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Groundskeeping & Maintenance Student Placements Full Time jobs in County of Herefordshire
- Growing Student Placements Full Time jobs in County of Herefordshire