An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate gardener to join our busy and expanding garden design and aftercare business, which will be primarily based in Isleworth and Vauxhall.
These sites are luxury residential properties of approximately 3 and 5 acres in area and comprise of formal hedging, topiary, manicured lawns, water features, roses and perennial flower‐beds. It is expected that the majority of your time will split between these two sites, although you may be asked to cover work on other sites as needs arise.
This is a genuine opportunity for a passionate gardener to join a like‐minded team and a progressive garden care company at an exciting time of growth.
A passion for plants, excellent attention to detail and personable approach is of primary importance in this role. The successful candidate will work under an existing team leader; however you will be expected to work alone too without supervision. You need to be physically fit, hard‐working with a positive and flexible attitude.
Applicants need to be skilled in lawn care, pruning of roses, shrubs and herbaceous plants with strong plant identification knowledge and have a basic understanding of pest and disease management. The ideal person will be experienced in working on large estates and be confident and diplomatic when dealing with resident’s enquiries.
Qualifications, skills and experience
Essential ‐ Experience
- RHS level 2 or equivalent (in work experience considered)
- Good knowledge of herbaceous plants lawn care and associated pest/disease management
- PA1/6a licence
- 2 years + experience in a similar role
- Excellent practical skills in all areas of grounds maintenance, incl. use of petrol powered garden machinery
Essential – Abilities and attributes
- Able to take responsibility and be reliable, with a strong work ethic
- Able to show a friendly approach and flexible attitude
- Able to demonstrate a passion for gardening
- Ability to pay attention to detail and apply high standards to your own work
- Be physically fit, polite, punctual and professional
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Full clean driving license – over 21 years for insurance purposes
Please click "Apply" and email your application with a CV detailing your relevant experience & strengths and outlining why this role is for you. Salary will be subject to experience and successful candidates will be asked to provide references.