We are looking for a full time enthusiastic and competent office manager to organise the running of a small but busy and multi‐faceted garden services company, including our 3 key business interests – high end garden maintenance services, bespoke garden design and a high end garden products store.
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide professional, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to the Director, co‐ordination and servicing of the garden maintenance team and HR duties as required.
Responsibility for organising administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of business activities, that relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
Outline of Tasks and Responsibilities:
Office Management, Administration & Finance
- Organising administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and other databases
- Managing filing systems and developing and implementing new administrative systems
- Dealing with and responding to, day to day email and phone enquiries
- Responsible for all business & vehicle insurance renewals, including vehicle maintenance checks
- Responsible for office maintenance and safety
- Day to day financial management, including: some invoicing, debt chasing, employees timesheets/expenses and preparation of paperwork for book keeper, currently employed one day per week
- Help to manage budgets, including office expenditure, gardening materials and equipment
- In conjunction with the director, preparation of client quotations
- Preparation for annual trade body audits and updates including e.g. Safe Contractor, BALI & APL
- Any other tasks required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Oversee and manage house‐style including those using social media
- In conjunction with director, production of newsletters, blogs and updating website
- Maintain efficient HR administration service, including overseeing the recruitment of new staff, including new starter checklists, training and induction
- Implementing and updating the staff handbook, including health and safety policies, ensuring they are observed and kept up to date
- Preparation with setting up of new contracts and implementing them; including COSHH and RAMS forms (training given), monitoring sub‐contractor visits, insurance documents are in place, stock checks, material ordering and organising Director’s diary for site visits
- Scheduling staff to cover maintenance routes – including frequent changes and additions
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temp agencies
Outstanding customer service skills and calm approach are essential requirements. An understanding of horticultural business and/or a knowledgeable passion for plants will be a distinct advantage.
The diversity of this role means that you must have a flexible approach and can‐do attitude. A large part of this job is to service the garden maintenance team which includes day‐to‐day customer contact, organising the maintenance schedule and organising the company director’s diary.
Key knowledge and experience required:
- Previous experience in office administration & management
- Experience of responding to enquiries from clients in a prompt and efficient manner
- Experience of supporting maintenance contracts, including weekly time table preparation in conjunction with maintenance team leader(s) and director
- Experience of financial administration including, producing budgets, invoicing and reconciliation
- Experience of setting‐up contract documentation
- Experience of managing personnel administration systems
Key skills and abilities include:
- Flexible approach with excellent organisation and co‐ordination skills
- Able to work under pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and awareness for the need for confidentiality
- Ability to problem‐solve day to day issues
- Advanced administrative and MS Office software, in particular Excel
Please email your CV detailing your relevant experience & strengths and outline why this role is for you. Salary will be subject to experience and successful candidates will be asked to provide references.
Please click "Apply" and email your cv, telling us why you think this position is for you.