Senior Grounds Maintenance Operative
We are looking for an experienced person to liaise with and assist the Area Grounds Maintenance Manager in ensuring that the Grounds Maintenance Team operates efficiently and effectively.
Duties will include:
- Assisting in the completion of tasks allocated to the workforce
- Checking that all necessary documentation is correctly completed
- Ensuring that the unit’s procedures are correctly followed
- Maintain to Green Flag standard, parks and open spaces
- Plant and maintain formal bedding schemes
- Day to day leadership of a small team of Operatives
- Operate various items of small and large plant, compact tractors & ride on mowers
Skills and Competencies required:
- Experience and proven work record in high level grounds maintenance.
- Plant knowledge with pruning and general husbandry skills.
- Able to communicate information and ideas clearly and accurately, both in oral and written form including basic IT skills.
- Awareness of operational Health and Safety Issues.
- Understanding of horticultural techniques with a practical can do attitude.
- Ability to achieve results in timely and cost effective ways. Set priorities and plans, monitor progress
City and Guilds Amenity Horticulture or equivalent NVQ/Diploma with relevant practical experience.
A current full UK driving licence is essential.
The council signs up to the Disability Confident scheme (formerly known as the ‘Two Ticks’ scheme). If you have declared a disability on the application form we can guarantee you an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.